Saturday, July 13, 2013

Recent stuff: job, friends, tattoo

I know I haven't been blogging for some time and I'm really sorry about it! The thing is that I found a job. I started to work in a vintage-repro & american designers shop (or something like that) in Moscow called "Lady May", and, being unused to a saleswoman work, I was terribly tired all the time this week. The greatest thing about this job is that I get to try on all the stunning dresses.
Here's my favorite, by Samantha Sung:
 And I also like this belt-slash-corset thingy. Although it's terribly hard to breathe in it, I can't even imagine how women wore real corsets back in the days!
 I also had lots of great time with my dearest friends. On the picture below you can see beautiful flowers that my mom raised at dacha, amazing tea made from marigold petals and called "Friendship tea" (how cool is that?!) and vegan cupcakes made by me. They were quite tasty, may I say!

One of the brightest events of this week was my meeting with wonderful Harlow from Vintage at Heart. We went to Kuskovo and then saw a great exhibit about fashion in 19th and 20th centuries. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos except for those two, so all the hopes on Harlow :D
I literally had to buy these cookies for our little picnic. I like this red dress with white dots!
And Kuskovo is amazing, such a wonderful place. I have to go there more often!

 And here's the last but not least: I have a tattoo now! I'm so excited! Like, I look at it every five minutes and get excited! It didn't even hurt that much. It is a peony and I think I turned out just beautiful. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Your tattoo turned out SO beautiful, I bet it looks even more amazing in real life! It is a true work of art and will look perfect with your vintage dresses :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am actually very content with it :D

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new job! Is "Lady May" close to Kitay-Gorod? I think I walked past the place some weeks ago.

    And your tattoo looks lovely! Peonies are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's between Lubyanka and Kitai-Gorod. It is quite a nice place, although it's more of an invitational club with a difficult system of invitations. :D

      Delete